I said this blog was a lifestyle blog from the beginning, which is more than just a page to write opinions or stories, for posting cute recipes (which I will never do because my cooking experiences are epically disastrous), & more than just posting cute outfits, hoping for a million instagram likes. There are more not-so-glamourous things a person does on a day-to-day basis. People have to cook, we brush our teeth, we have stringy, sweaty hair after a good workout, we have shoe disasters in the closet, we have go to the gas station where someone creepy will most likely stop and ask you for money change, & more not-so-fun parts of everyday life, like cleaning our abodes. My man-cave is I guess kind of girly, simple, but lively–at least I hope so. Keeping plants alive is not my strongest suit…but I try. You can see where I spilled the pot outside of my door…because…well…that’s me.
So, here are a few pictures of my house–well, it’s basically one room with a bathtub. Yes, I live in a tiny studio, but I make the best out of it. Leo (my weenie dog) & Toulouse (my cat) are my roommates and are great hosts to all my friends.
As you can see in the pictures, the assets I always have in my habitat are the following:
- Vogue on display (on the shelf above the couch)–I have the Vogue coloring book. I would suggest…no, I would encourage, strongly from the bottom of my tiny, empty heart to buy it…it’s utterly divine.
- An orchid (because I have a bet with myself every year to keep one alive for at least a year…let’s see how 2017 goes…I already see the petals falling…)
- Plants in general…especially in a city where trees are seen less & Tex-mex restaurants are built within 24 hours on every corner.
- Fish…as you can see I have two modern aquariums above the kitchen shelving.
- Big mirror–this is how I judge my body like Kim Kardashian…just kidding, but really…I watch myself stretch or practice dance, which, is always a hot mess.
- Litter box…as you can see the huge plant in the corner by the TV…ya, that’s actually a litter box. The opening is in the back.
- Some kind of citrus candle
- My piano, no matter how tiny my place is…I can’t live without it.
Enjoy! Feel free to laugh!